AsSIST-UK represents academics and researchers in the broad field of science, technology and innovation studies. It is open to all UK and overseas colleagues and provides an important platform through which we can influence debate at national level, feed into and respond to UK research council and other funding agency initiatives, and support the new generation of STIS scholars – especially PhDs and postdocs – as well as engage with national and international bodies, such as EASST and 4S.
Membership currently runs at over 400, primarily drawn from UK academic institutions. There is no charge for membership.
A Register of Members including all research interests has been created, and is only open to Members.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to all members’ contact details and research interests to foster exchange and collaboration
- Access to collaborative Members’ Mailing List
- Regular Newsletters
- Information about the annual conferences and related events of the Association
- A platform through which members can lobby UK research policy and funding agencies
- A vehicle for stronger co-ordination across PhD networks, especially through our Early Career Reserachers Network.
You can join AsSIST-UK by registering for Membership:
If you are already registered, you can log in and visit Your AsSIST-Uk Membership page.
Other National Associations
A list of other national associations and centres working in our field can be found on the EASST website at: https://easst.net/resources/#nsa